One of the funniest features in the book "The Best American Nonrequired Reading 2007" (edited by Dave Eggers) was a list of headlines from obscure trade magazines. Trade magazines are publications that cover different industries, hobbies, and markets – like technology or consumer goods. However, some of these niche magazines get a bit too involved in the industry and occasionally lose perspective. So in a blatant rip-off of David Eggers – DaRK PaRTY presents our own analysis of the bizarre world of trade magazines with a focus on the food and farming trade magazines.
From “Beef Magazine”
- Is Your Dewormer WORKING?
- The Sex Ratio Riddle
- The Weaning Two-Step
From “Backyard Poultry”
- Chicken Broth: A Way of Life
- Unbelievable Egg Nest Material
- A Poultry Love Story
From “Food Processing”
- Your Sanitation Can Be Greener
- What Color is Your Peanut Butter?
- Just Say No To Clones
From “Refrigerated & Frozen Foods Retailer”
- Can “Shelf Life” Be a “Shelf Lie?”
- Too Many Organics!?!
- My Yogurt Needs Help!
From “Beverage Industry”
- Non-Carbs Shine While Sparkling Struggles
- Combating Aggressive Drivers
From “Food Product Design”
- Herbs and Spices: Hot and Healthy
- Hooray for Hazelnuts
- Fired Up About Chiles
From “Pig International”
- Bitten Tails: This Breeder Sees An Electrical Connection
- Q&A with Denmark’s Mr. Pig Production
- Farm-grown Microbes Fight the Smell
From “SeaFood Business”
- Pass the Selenium
- Fried Food Freedom
- Fish Farms Can’t Catch a Break
From “Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery”
- Please Feed the Models
- Health Q&A: Straight Talk on Saving Babies
- No Pouch, No Tools, No Service
From “National Provisioner”
Do you have any examples you'd like to share? Place a comment!
- Kill Floor Improvements
- Beyond Soap and Water
- Spicing Up The Grind
Read about the long, painful suicide of newspapers
Read the Rev. Crosslick's take on the satanic appeal of comic books
Enter the reading time machine here
Labels: Food, Humor, Media